Before you come in....
Let's make sure you're prepared!
- Have clean skin
- Do not wear lotion on the area you're intending to have sugared. Sugar will not stick to moisture, and we want it to stick to your hair!
- Do not exfoliate the day of your service. The sugar will do all the exfoliating you'll need for a few days.
- The hair needs to be at least an eighth of an inch long...that's about 7 to 10 days from shaving, depending on your hair.
After your service......
Now that you've been Sugared, let's keep your skin sweet with these simple tips!
- Make sure to exfoliate 2 to 3 times a week (make sure you wait at least 3 days after your service before you start exfoliating.
- Moisturize every day (you can start moisturizing as soon as you'd like), and try to use a natural and gentle moisturizer. We love JoJoba Oil, and Shea Butter.
- Keep your skin clean and avoid excessive sweating (like working out) for the first 24 to 48 hours. Sweat creates bacteria that can sit on the skin and irritate your freshly sugared bits.
- Avoid direct sun for the first 24 hours
- Avoid swimming/baths for the first 24 hours
Just remember...exfoliated and moisturized skin, leads to happy Sugaring!